Aims & Objectives
Our Aims are:
- To engage, motivate, challenge and sustain the interest of every pupil in order to build confidence and self-esteem.
- To facilitate children’s acquisition of knowledge and a positive attitude towards learning in order to help them to develop into independent, responsible, confident members of the community.
- To help children understand their developing world, including how their environment and society have changed over time.
- To create and maintain an exciting and stimulating learning environment.
- To enable the pupils to fulfill the aims of the school in terms of personal, social and health education.
- To ensure continuity and progression throughout the curriculum.
The Curriculum is designed with the following objectives:
- A broad curriculum is offered so that it introduces each pupil to a wide range of concepts, experiences, knowledge and skills.
- The curriculum is balanced so that each area of the curriculum is allowed sufficient time for its contribution to be effective.
- The curriculum is differentiated so that what is taught, and how it is taught is matched to individual pupils and it develops their abilities and aptitudes.
- The curriculum includes the formal requirements of the National Curriculum as well as the range of co-curricular activities that the school organises in order to enrich the experience of the children.
- Beyond Year 6, pupils are prepared for Common Entrance and scholarships following the relevant syllabus.
- The curriculum also sets out expectations of behaviour and fosters good relationships between all the pupils.